Fire Protection for New Jersey Businesses
As a New Jersey business owner, you have many responsibilities. In addition to satisfying customers and ensuring you maintain a healthy bottom line, you must also make certain your building is compliant with fire safety codes. Fire protection may not be on your mind every day, but if building preservation, customer safety, and avoiding costly fines are your top priorities, there’s nothing more important than adequate fire protection for your New Jersey business.
Fire Risks New Jersey Business Owners Should Know About
According to research from the National Fire Protection Association, about 100,000 non-residential structure fires damage buildings across the country each year, including about 3,300 in New Jersey alone. Nationwide, these fires cause about 70 civilian deaths and 1,500 civilian injuries, plus $2.6 billion in property damage annually.
Many New Jersey businesses face similar fire hazards. Some of the most common include:
- Appliances and equipment, including ovens, stoves, furnaces, and dryers
- Wiring and electrical components
- Combustible chemicals and gases
- Tobacco products and other smoking materials
- Candles and other open flames
- Holiday decorations, including Christmas trees and lights
- Lightning strikes
Protect Your New Jersey Business from Fire
New Jersey fire codes require businesses to install certain fire protection equipment. When you choose Confires, you have access to every type of fire protection needed for your business. We install, inspect, monitor, maintain, repair, and replace all the equipment you need, including:
- Fire sprinkler systems: Fire sprinklers in New Jersey businesses act as the first line of defense against flames. Many times, sprinkler systems can suppress a small blaze before the fire department even arrives.
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression systems: If your business features a kitchen, cooking fires are a very real threat. Install a fire suppression system here for code compliance and safety.
- Portable fire extinguishers: Put the firefighting power in your employees’ hands to save lives and substantially reduce property damage. Confires can help you choose the right fire extinguishers for your business and install them in the proper locations.
- Fire alarms: This integral part of your fire protection system ensures all building occupants evacuate safely. Plus, system monitoring dispatches the fire department automatically when the alarm sounds.
- Emergency exit lighting: Illuminated exit signs help to maintain order and contribute to a timely evacuation in case of a fire. If the blaze or other emergency situation leads to a blackout, backup batteries ensure all exit signs remain lit.
Fire Protection Systems for Businesses in New Jersey
Whether you’re starting a new business or expanding your current location, make sure you have the best fire protection for your company! Let’s face it: fire protection is necessary for both code compliance and the safety of your patrons and staff.
For help designing and installing a fire protection system in your business, or for inspection and maintenance needs, please contact Confires today. We have over 30 years of experience offering fire protection services to businesses of all sizes in New Jersey and Delaware .
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here