Fire Protection for Delaware Hotels
Do you own or manage a hotel in Delaware? It’s your job to make sure your staff and guests are comfortable and safe. Fire safety is an important aspect of this. Are you taking all the proper measures to keep your Delaware hotel safe from fire? Understand your risks and install the proper fire protection equipment to limit these risks.
Delaware Hotel Fire Statistics
According to information from the National Fire Protection Association, about 3,520 hotels and motels are damaged by fires in the US every year. These fires cause nine civilian deaths, 120 civilian injuries, and $84 million in property damage annually.
Cooking equipment is the leading cause of hotel fires, accounting for 50 percent of all reported blazes. However, smoking materials cause 75 percent of civilian deaths in hotel fires, making this the most dangerous hazard. Other leading causes of hotel fires include heating equipment, clothes dryers, lighting equipment, and arson.
Install and Maintain a Fire Protection System
The first step for protecting against Delaware hotel fires is to install the proper fire protection equipment. Once in place, you must then maintain, repair, and replace different components as needed.
As a full-service fire protection company, Confires can handle every aspect of your fire protection system, from the initial design and installation to ongoing testing and inspections. Here is the fire protection equipment we manage for Delaware hotel owners:
- Kitchen fire suppression systems: Many hotels feature restaurants and room service, requiring an onsite kitchen. For code compliance, the cooking area must feature a kitchen fire suppression system designed to automatically extinguish grease fires.
- Sprinkler systems: All hotel rooms and hallways should feature sprinklers to act as the first line of defense against ordinary fires. Sprinklers can save lives and drastically reduce property damage if a fire breaks out in your hotel.
- Fire alarms: A crucial life-saving feature of any fire protection system, fire alarms alert your guests and staff to the danger. We’ll help you install and maintain alarm components according to Delaware fire codes for maximum effectiveness.
- Fire extinguishers: A fast-acting staff member with a fire extinguisher can put out a blaze before it becomes a real threat. Selecting the right extinguishers and installing them in the proper places are vital for fire protection, and we can help you with these tasks.
- Emergency lighting: Hotel power outages can cause panic, but with battery-powered emergency lighting to guide the way, it’s possible to accomplish an organized, timely evacuation.
Fire Protection Services for Delaware Hotels
Whether you have a new hotel under construction or you’re renovating your current building, let Confires help you install new fire protection equipment. Then, choose us as your full-service fire protection company for ongoing testing, maintenance, repairs, and replacements.
To schedule fire protection services for Delaware hotels, please contact Confires today. We have over 30 years of industry experience and promise to deliver code-compliant systems for superior fire protection in your Delaware hotel. Our service areas include New Jersey, Delaware, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here