Fire Protection for Philadelphia Buildings
As a Philadelphia building owner or manager, you owe it to your employees and customers to keep them safe from fire. Fire protection isn’t just a moral obligation – it’s also required by Pennsylvania fire codes. To improve safety and avoid hefty fines, follow these fire protection tips for Philadelphia buildings.
Know the Fire Risks
According to data from the National Fire Protection Association, about 113,500 non-residential fires started in buildings across the country in 2015. These fires caused 80 civilian deaths, over 1,400 civilian injuries and $3.1 billion in property damage.
The most prominent fire risks threaten many types of Philadelphia buildings. These include:
- Heat-producing equipment and appliances, such as furnaces, ovens, stoves and dryers
- Electrical components and wiring
- Combustible gasses and chemicals
- Tobacco products and other smoking materials
- Candles and other open flames
- Holiday decorations, including Christmas trees and lights
- Lightning strikes
Install Fire Protection Equipment
Depending on what type of building you operate in Philadelphia, local and federal codes may require you to install various fire protection equipment. If you have any questions about what’s required in your building, we’re happy to provide an accurate answer.
- Fire sprinkler systems: Fire sprinklers make a tremendous impact on fire safety. As the initial defense against fires in your Philadelphia building, sprinklers can often extinguish a blaze before the fire department even arrives.
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression systems: If your building contains a kitchen, grease fires are a very real threat. Automatic kitchen fire suppression is vital for code compliance and safety.
- Portable fire extinguishers: The proper type and placement of fire extinguishers in your building puts the firefighting power in your employees’ hands. Confires can help you select and install the right fire extinguishers for your building.
- Fire alarms: The ability to evacuate safely is essential for fire safety. A working fire alarm system helps keep everyone aware of emergencies so they can escape when the alarm sounds.
- Emergency exit lighting: It’s possible for a fire or another emergency situation to cause a blackout, but battery-powered exit signs remain lit, helping to maintain order and contribute to a timely evacuation.
Inspect, Maintain, Repair, and Replace Fire Protection Equipment as Needed
In addition to installing all the equipment you need to make your Philadelphia building safe, Confires also inspects, maintains, repairs, and replaces fire protection systems. We’re proud to be a full-service fire protection company so you can look in one place for everything you need.
Confires Provides Fire Protection in Philadelphia
Whether your Philadelphia building is new or being renovated, let Confires help ensure code compliance and fire safety. By providing all the services related to your fire protection needs, we’re your go-to specialists for installations, inspections, testing, maintenance, repairs, and replacements.
To schedule fire protection services for your Philadelphia building, please contact Confires today. With over 30 years of industry experience, you know you can trust our team to deliver a job well done. We serve all of New Jersey, Delaware, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here