OSHA Requirements for Portable Fire Extinguishers
You already know that fire extinguishers are some of the most important things you can have installed in your building to keep you safe from fires. In addition to NFPA regulations, there are a number of OSHA requirements you must meet regarding your fire extinguishers:
- You are responsible for placing your fire extinguishers where they are easily identifiable and accessible.
- You are responsible for making sure all the fire extinguishers in your building are professionally inspected, maintained, and testedonce yearly according to NFPA requirements. Confires will tag all of your fire extinguishers with the date of the inspection, the signature of the tester, and the serial number of the extinguisher tested, in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- You must visually inspect your fire extinguishers at least once a month.
Schedule a fire extinguisher services consultation in NJ, DE, or Philadelphia, PA today by filling out the form to the right or giving us a call at 888-228-0917.
Confires Fire Extinguisher Services
At Confires, we provide a full line of fire extinguisher services, including:
- Fire extinguisher sales and installation
- Fire extinguisher inspection
- Fire extinguisher recharge and replacement
Our fire extinguisher inspection services include:
- Annual Inspections – The NFPA 10 and your local jurisdiction require inspections, as detailed under REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS on the right.
- 6-Year Maintenance – The extinguisher is broken down and checked for damage. The “O” ring and gaskets are replaced and the extinguisher is recharged.
- Hydro Test – Every 12 years, the extinguisher is broken down and emptied. The cylinder is tested for defects. If the cylinder passes, it is recharged and put back in service. (Required every 5 years for CO2, Water, and K Class extinguishers.)
Call Confires for Fire Extinguisher Services
Confires has over 30 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for businesses, organizations, government buildings, and restaurants in New Jersey, Delaware, and Philadelphia. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and valuables are safe from the dangers of potential fires. We take pride in our “customer first” reputation and will do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Confires is that we are your single-source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of fire protection, including:
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression
- Fire suppression systems
- Fire sprinkler systems
- Emergency exit lighting
- Contained gases
- And more!
Are you located in Delaware, New Jersey, or Philadelphia and want to learn more? Call us today to speak with one of our experienced fire safety professionals and discover why top names in business and the government consistently recommend Confires.
Contact us online or by phone at 888-228-0917 to schedule an appointment.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here