Careers: Fire Sprinkler Technician
Confires Fire Protection Service, LLC is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services throughout New Jersey, Delaware, and Philadelphia, PA. We are based in South Plainfield, NJ and have an excellent team, which is responsible for fire protection service contracts, equipment installation, and inspection to our commercial customers. Our company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, our strong reputation, and business acquisitions.
Join our team today—apply below!
About the Opportunity
This position requires the ability to service, repair and replace Fire Sprinkler products and inspect Fire Sprinkler systems for established customers on a scheduled basis. Job duties include, but are not limited to, servicing, inspecting, and testing Fire Sprinkler systems to the prescribed standards, performing on-site emergency troubleshooting, and repairs of our customers Fire Sprinkler Systems, identifying code and non-conformance issues, and preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports.
Inspection & Service
- Will require carrying and climbing 6, 8, 10, or 12 ft ladders daily and occasionally needing to carry and climb extension ladders that are 24ft in length and weigh up to 75 lbs
- The ability to climb and remove ladders from racks on the top of trucks and vans
- Having the ability to take apart Dry Pipe Valves to reset the clapper with parts weighing in excess of 50 lbs
- Need to use hand tools to tighten leaking parts or loosen bolts and nuts that may have not been removed for a lengthy time and are very tight
- Reaching overhead and above drop ceilings to perform testing and operate control valve handles and tamper switches on valve ranging from 1 inch up to 10 inch OS+Y valves
- Be able to turn the handles on large OS+Y valves that could be as large as 10 inch in pipe diameter
- Need to have basic understanding of the safe use of hand tools required for the job
- Be able to work at heights using lifts and ladders that could exceed 40 feet
- Extended periods of walking and sitting to perform the inspections is required
- Able to communicate clearly verbally as well as on paper
- Be able to remove a Ridgid Power Machine from a vehicle and set it up in an area that will allow for safe operation
- Use all necessary power tools for repairing pipe such as the Ridgid 300 power threader, groovers for the power machine as well as in air groovers, various sizes of hammer drills for drilling holes in cinder block and brick
- Able to use pipe wrenches in sizes from 10 inch up to 36 inch for working on large diameter pipe
- Able to carry pipe the is used for the jobs which typically is not larger than schedule 10, 4 inch which is 59 lbs per a 10 foot 6 inch piece of pipe
- Need to be able to carry ladders to and from the vehicle to the work are which can be a good distance away and up stairs
- Ladders range from 4 foot step ladders to 24 foot extension ladders and everything in between
- Be able to use the different types of pipe joining methods from threading to grooving and also solder joint
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- 401K with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for health and dependent care
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
This is a full-time role.
To apply click the button below and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please change the Subject of the email to “Exp Kitchen”)
If you would prefer to print the application please mail to:
910 Oak Tree Avenue, South Plainfield, NJ 07080-5135
Please send resume, including salary history and salary requirements in Word Format along with completed application.
Date posted: 1/2018 Valid Through: 9/2018
*Confires Fire Protection Service, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-free work environment. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and Pre-employment drug screening required. No phone calls please.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here