Windowless Basement Fire Alarm Installation in NJ
If your New Jersey home or business has a basement, the “Windowless Basement Law” may apply to you. Depending on the size of your basement, your requirements may be different.
Under 3,000 Sq. Ft.
“Windowless basements not exceeding 3,000 square feet in area shall be exempt from this automatic suppression requirement, provided a supervised automatic fire alarm system shall be installed in accordance with the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code.”
3,001-10,000 Sq. Ft.
“In windowless basements greater than 3,000 square feet, but not exceeding 10,000 square feet in area, the required suppression system need not be connected to a water supply other than an existing domestic supply if the following conditions are met:
- The suppression system shall be provided with a fire department connection, which shall be marked with a sign reading ‘Basement Area Sprinkler Water Supply;’ and
- A supervised automatic fire alarm system shall be installed in accordance with the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code.”
To keep your basement up to code, trust our fire alarm experts at Confires. We will ensure that your windowless basement has a fire alarm system installed – just call (888) 228-0917 or contact us online.
Windowless Basement Law in NJ
According to the “Windowless Basement Law,” the window openings in your commercial basement are required to be one of the following:
- 32”x 48” spaced not more than 100 feet apart
- 22”x 42” and spaced not more than 30 feet apart
The goal of the “Windowless Basement Law” is to protect the occupants of the building, as well as firefighters, by providing early fire detection, early fire suppression, and the sounding of a fire alarm.
Keep your commercial or residential windowless basement safe and protected with a fire alarm installation. Call Confires today at (888) 228-0917.
Fire Alarm Installation for Windowless Basements
Every fire alarm system we design at Confires meets the following criteria:
- Alarm system design and engineering that meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, state requirements, and local codes
- A fire alarm submittal package will be provided to the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ), typically the local fire prevention bureau, for review, acceptance, and permitting
- A complete functional test of all components of the alarm system after installation
- A complete full acceptance test as required by the AHJ
Choose Confires for Windowless Basement Fire Alarm Services
Are you located in New Jersey and want to learn more about our windowless basement fire alarm installation services? Call us today to speak with one of our experienced fire safety professionals and discover why top names in business and the government consistently recommend Confires.
Contact us online or by phone at (888) 228-0917 to schedule your fire alarm installation in your windowless basement.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here