Fire Alarm Inspection & Testing
Fire sprinklers and fire extinguishers are extremely important for keeping your building safe from fires, but when it comes to helping your employees evacuate swiftly and safely, nothing beats a well-maintained fire alarm system. Keeping up with regular fire alarm inspection and testing is the most important thing you can do to make sure your fire alarm is safe and operational at all times. If you own or manage a building in New Jersey or Delaware and need fire alarm inspection to keep your employees, tenants, or guests safe, call the fire alarm inspection experts at Confires!
Call 888-228-0917 to schedule your fire alarm testing.
Fire Alarm System Service
To ensure their reliability, fire alarm systems must be inspected, tested, and maintained regularly. Confires Fire Protection, serving New Jersey and Delaware will set up a service program for periodic testing, inspection, and maintenance that conforms to:
- NFPA code requirements
- Local authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs)
- System manufacturer’s recommended inspection and maintenance requirements
- Required annual fire alarm system testing
Fire Alarm Inspection Process
Our fire alarm inspection process includes:
- Testing the control panel functions, including lamp and LED operation, fuse operation, interface equipment, and primary power.
- Testing smoke detectors by introducing approved aerosol into the smoke detector chamber or specific manufacturer recommended methods of performing the proper test, then verifying the proper signal was received at the alarm panel.
- Cleaning all smoke detectors with nitrogen.
- Testing manual pull stations through a full range of motion and verifying the proper signal was received at the alarm panel.
- Testing heat detectors with a heat gun and verifying proper alarm activation at the fire alarm control panel.
- Testing and inspecting all audible and visual devices to ensure that they are unobstructed, proper lights activate, and the sound level is above ambient noise levels.
- Random checking of circuit supervision to ensure fire alarm panel detects an open circuit.
- Load testing stand-by batteries and checking auxiliary functions such as door release and damper release.
- Testing battery charger.
- Verifying the central station fire alarm monitoring company received the appropriate signals, if a dialer is installed.
- Testing remote annunciator to verify it accurately portrays where the alarm exists in the protected premises.
- Testing duct detectors and ensuring proper unit shutdown, if applicable.
- Checking any auxiliary devices that may exist and are listed on the equipment list included in this contract (door holder release, dampers, etc).
- NFPA required sensitivity testing of smoke detectors, performed initially and every other year thereafter. This service is not included in this contract unless specifically stated and for an additional fee.
- Testing alarm devices located in the elevator shafts (smoke and heat detectors). Note: A representative from the elevator service company is required to be present during inspections to allow access to shaft and to run the elevator car.
Fire Alarm Maintenance in NJ & DE
Maintenance of your fire alarm system is extremely important. When properly maintained your fire alarm system will provide early detection and warning to building occupants, helping to prevent disasters or fatalities from occurring. At Confires, our fire alarm technicians will maintain, inspect, test, or repair any specific fire alarm components, notification appliances, initiating devices, interfaces, zones, or circuits necessary to accomplish the goal of meeting or exceeding building and fire codes, insurance company requirements, and any other applicable entities keeping your fire alarm system properly operating.
At Confires, our expert fire alarm inspection technicians’ goal is to make sure your fire alarm is fully functional so it will perform properly when needed in a time of emergency or to notify you of faulty devices in your building. We can inspect all brands of fire alarms, including:
- Silent Knight
Whatever your New Jersey or Delaware fire alarm inspection needs, go to the fire alarm inspection experts—call Confires today!
888-228-0917 | Email Us
Call Confires for Fire Alarm Inspection and Testing
Confires has over 30 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for businesses, organizations, government buildings, and restaurants in New Jersey and Delaware. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and valuables are safe from the dangers of potential fires. We take pride in our “customer first” reputation, and we will do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Confires is that we are your single-source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of fire protection, including:
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression
- Sprinkler systems
- Fire suppression systems
- Fire extinguishers
- Emergency exit lighting
- Contained gases
- And more!
Are you located in Delaware or New Jersey and want to learn more? Call us today to speak with one of our experienced fire safety professionals and discover why top names in business and the government consistently recommend Confires.
Contact us online or by phone at 888-228-0917 to schedule an appointment.
At Confires, we offer fire alarm testing in:
NEW JERSEY: Atlantic City, Barnegat, Bayonne, Belleville, Belmar, Bergenfield, Bloomfield, Brick, Caldwell, Carlstadt, Cherry Hill, Clifton, Colts Neck, Cranbury, Dayton, East Orange, Fairfield, Franklin Lakes, Freehold, Hackensack, Hawthorne, Hoboken, Jersey City, Lakewood, Lodi, Lyndhurst, Millville, Montvale, Morristown, Mount Laurel, Neptune, Newark, Paramus, Parsippany, Passaic, Paterson, Pleasantville, Princeton, Ramsey, Red Bank, Ridgewood, Saddle Brook, Seaside Heights, Secaucus, Short Hills, Teaneck, Toms River, Trenton, Vineland, Wallington, Wayne, West Orange, Whippany, Wyckoff
DELAWARE: New Castle, Newark, Wilmington
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here