Fire Alarm Inspection & Testing
Call Confires at (888) 228-0917 for Fire Alarm Testing in New Jersey, Delaware & Philadelphia!
Fire sprinklers and fire extinguishers are extremely important for keeping your building safe from fires, but when it comes to helping your employees evacuate swiftly and safely, nothing beats a well-maintained fire alarm system.
Keeping up with regular fire alarm inspection and testing is the most important thing you can do to make sure your fire alarm is safe and operational at all times. If you own or manage a building in New Jersey or Delaware and need fire alarm inspection to keep your employees, tenants, or guests safe, call the fire alarm inspection experts at Confires!
When you’re looking for fire alarm inspection companies in New Jersey, Delaware, or Philadelphia, look no further than Confires! Call (888) 228-0917 or contact us online to schedule.
Fire Alarm System Services
To ensure their reliability, fire alarm systems must be inspected, tested, and maintained regularly. Confires will set up a service program for periodic testing, inspection, and maintenance that conforms to:
- NFPA code requirements
- Local authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs)
- System manufacturer’s recommended inspection and maintenance requirements
- Required annual fire alarm system testing
For over 30 years, Confires has been protecting businesses in the New Jersey and Philadelphia areas. Contact us today to schedule fire alarm testing at your building.
Fire Alarm Inspection Process
Our fire alarm inspection process includes:
- Testing the control panel functions, including lamp and LED operation, fuse operation, interface equipment, and primary power.
- Testing smoke detectors by introducing approved aerosol into the smoke detector chamber or specific manufacturer recommended methods of performing the proper test, then verifying the proper signal was received at the alarm panel.
- Cleaning all smoke detectors with nitrogen.
- Testing manual pull stations through a full range of motion and verifying the proper signal was received at the alarm panel.
- Testing heat detectors with a heat gun and verifying proper alarm activation at the fire alarm control panel.
- Testing and inspecting all audible and visual devices to ensure that they are unobstructed, the proper lights activate, and the sound level is above ambient noise levels.
- Checking of circuit supervision to ensure fire alarm panel detects an open circuit.
- Load-testing standby batteries and auxiliary function check such as door release and damper release.
- Testing battery charger.
- Verifying the central station fire alarm monitoring company received the appropriate signals if a dialer is installed.
- Testing remote annunciators to verify it accurately portrays where the alarm exists in the protected premises.
- Testing duct detectors and ensuring proper unit shutdown, if applicable.
- Checking any auxiliary devices that may exist and are listed on the equipment list included in this contract (door holder release, dampers, etc).
- NFPA-required sensitivity testing of smoke detectors performed initially and every other year thereafter. This service is not included in this contract unless specifically stated and for an additional fee.
- Testing alarm devices located in the elevator shafts (smoke and heat detectors). Note: A representative from the elevator service company is required to be present during inspections to allow access to the shaft and to run the elevator car.
Do you have questions about our fire alarm services? Contact our fire protection company today!
Fire Alarm Maintenance in NJ, DE & PA
Fire alarm maintenance is extremely important. When properly maintained, your fire alarm system will provide early detection and warning to building occupants, helping to prevent disasters or fatalities from occurring.
At Confires, our fire alarm technicians will maintain, inspect, test, or repair any specific fire alarm components, notification appliances, initiating devices, interfaces, zones, or circuits necessary to accomplish the goal of meeting or exceeding building and fire codes, insurance company requirements, and any other applicable entities keeping your fire alarm system properly operating.
We make sure your fire alarm is fully functional, so it will perform properly when needed in a time of emergency, or notify you of faulty devices in your building that may need repair.
We can inspect all brands of fire alarms, including:
- Silent Knight
Whatever your New Jersey or Delaware fire alarm inspection needs, go to the fire alarm inspection experts—call Confires today!
To schedule fire alarm services near you, call Confires at (888) 228-0917!
Call Confires for Fire Alarm Inspection & Testing in NJ, DE & PA
Confires has over 30 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for businesses, organizations, government buildings, and restaurants in New Jersey and Delaware. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and valuables are safe from the dangers of potential fires.
We take pride in our “customer first” reputation, and we will do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Confires is that we are your single-source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of fire protection, including:
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression
- Sprinkler systems
- Fire suppression systems
- Fire extinguishers
- Emergency exit lighting
- Contained gases
- And more!
Contact us online or by phone at (888) 228-0917 to schedule an appointment.
Our Fire Protection Service Area
Confires is a fire protection company in New Jersey. We service the following areas:
In New Jersey, we service areas around Atlantic County, Bayonne, Bloomfield, Clifton, Cumberland County, East Orange, Edison, Elizabeth, Hackensack, Irvington, Jersey City, Lakewood, Monmouth County, New Brunswick, Newark, North Bergen, Ocean County, Passaic, Paterson, Plainfield, Toms River, Trenton, Union, Union City, Wayne, and West Orange. We also service the local counties of Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Lakewood, Monmouth, Ocean, Salem, and Toms River.
In Delaware, we service Wilmington, Brookside, Dover, Milford, and Newark.
We also service Philadelphia, PA!
FAQs about Commercial Fire Alarm Inspection & Testing
How do you inspect and test a commercial fire alarm system?
The minimum requirements for testing, inspecting, and maintaining a commercial fire alarm system are set by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). In New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania, commercial businesses must adhere to these and other standards to receive and maintain their certificate of occupancy. The process includes testing the control panel functions, smoke detectors, manual pull stations, heat detectors, all audible and visual devices, standby batteries, the battery charger, duct detectors, remote annunciators, and alarm devices located in elevator shafts. We also check any auxiliary devices, ensure the fire alarm panel detects an open circuit, and clean all smoke detectors with nitrogen.
How often should a commercial fire alarm system be inspected and tested?
Different systems have different inspection requirements. The frequency of tests and inspections ranges from monthly to quarterly, semi-annually, and annually. We recommend that our New Jersey, Delaware, and Philadelphia clients have their commercial fire alarm system tested and inspected at least once per year, along with any other inspection and testing the system manufacturer recommends.
How long do fire alarm testing and inspecting take to complete?
Our testing and inspection process meets or exceeds building and fire codes, insurance requirements, and other relevant local regulations and laws. Each test and inspection is designed to make sure your New Jersey, Delaware, or Philadelphia commercial kitchen or other business’s fire alarm system is fully functional and will perform as needed in a time of emergency. How long the testing and inspection process takes depends on factors such as the size of your building or facility, the complexity of your alarm system, and how many devices need to be tested and inspected. Service times range from hours to days, but you can always depend on our technicians to do a thorough, unrushed, and efficient job.
Have more questions about commercial fire alarm inspection and testing for your New Jersey, Delaware, or Philadelphia restaurant or other business? Contact Confires Fire Protection Service online today or call us at (888) 228-0917.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here