Fire Sprinkler Inspection & Testing in New Jersey
Did you know that most jurisdictions in New Jersey and Delaware require annual inspections of sprinkler systems to be performed to NFPA standards? In fact, the National Fire Protection Association recommends at least four professional fire sprinkler inspections a year. Because fire sprinkler systems are a critically important part of every fire protection system, they need regular inspection to ensure that they will be able to keep you protected at all times.
For over three decades, the expert team at Confires has helped businesses and other commercial buildings in the NJ, DE, and Philadelphia area keep their property and employees safe by delivering fire protection services, including fire sprinkler installation, inspection, and testing.
Ready to ensure your building’s fire sprinkler system is functioning properly? Schedule your fire sprinkler inspection in New Jersey, Delaware, or Philadelphia, PA today by filling out a contact form or calling 888-228-0917.
Annual Fire Sprinkler Inspections
The NFPA requires that you have an annual fire sprinkler inspection in order to keep your building safe—though they recommend four or more routine inspections to confirm the safety and efficiency of your system. In addition, you should have fire sprinkler inspections every time you:
- Add a backflow preventer or water meter to your building’s plumbing system.
- Significantly change the occupancy, layout, or use of your building.
- Face changes in public water supply, such as a water shortage.
- Make any remodels to your building, such as adding walls, partitions, and additions
Designed to meet a very specific set of conditions, so when changes to your building occur, it is critical that you make sure your system can still perform correctly. The fire safety professionals at Confires can perform a high-quality and productive inspection for your system when appropriate.
Fire Sprinkler Inspection Process
During your fire sprinkler inspection, our trained and experienced professionals will perform a variety of services, including:
- Visually inspecting all sprinkler heads and system piping that are readily viewable and accessible from the floor for proper orientation, support, and clearance.
- Performing main drain tests to verify proper water volume and pressure is available for the sprinkler system and recording the results.
- Lubricating valves.
- Checking alarm and supervisory devices (if they are connected to the building alarm system) to make sure proper annunciation and notification is indicated.
- Testing flow switches by flowing water from the inspector’s test connection.
- Testing tamper switches by exercising the valve through the full range of motion and verifying that signals are received at the fire alarm control panel.
- Checking fire department connections for being unobstructed and having proper caps.
- Checking system gauge calibration date and verifying the water pressure is adequate.
- Checking for proper signage on valves.
- Inspecting spare head box for proper inventory of spare sprinkler heads and wrench.
- Verifying that all valves are in the proper position and sealed or supervised.
- Verifying signals are received at the central monitoring station, if your system is monitored.
At the end of the test, your fire protection inspector will document the results and keep the records for future use. Schedule your inspection with Confires today—call 888-228-0917.
How to Keep Your Fire Sprinkler Safe Between Inspections
Between fire sprinkler inspections, there are a number of things you can do on your own to keep your fire sprinkler safe:
- Never paint your fire sprinkler heads
- Never hang anything from your sprinkler heads
- Never stack anything within 18 inches of your sprinkler heads
- Always report damage to your fire sprinkler system to a certified fire protection company
- Always make sure your control valves are in the open position
If you own a building in New Jersey, Delaware, or Philadelphia and need fire sprinkler inspection, call Confires today!
888-228-0917 | Email Us
Call Confires for Fire Sprinkler Inspections in NJ, DE, and Philadelphia
Are you ready to have a professional fire sprinkler inspection completed for your New Jersey area business? The experts at Confires are trained and experienced to inspect and test all kinds of fire sprinkler systems, so we can make sure your system is operating safely and efficiently.
Confires has over 30 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for businesses, organizations, government buildings, and restaurants in New Jersey, Delaware, and Philadelphia. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and valuables are safe from the dangers of potential fires. We take pride in our “customer first” reputation and will do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Confires is that we are your single-source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of fire protection, including:
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression
- Fire suppression systems
- Fire alarms
- Fire extinguishers
- Emergency exit lighting
- Contained gases
- And more!
Are you located in Delaware, New Jersey, or Philadelphia and want to learn more? Call us today to speak with one of our experienced fire safety professionals and discover why top names in business and the government consistently recommend Confires.
Contact us online or by phone at 888-228-0917 to schedule your fire sprinkler inspection.
We provide fire protection service in:
NEW JERSEY: Atlantic City, Barnegat, Bayonne, Belleville, Belmar, Bergenfield, Bloomfield, Brick, Caldwell, Carlstadt, Cherry Hill, Clifton, Colts Neck, Cranbury, Dayton, East Orange, Fairfield, Franklin Lakes, Freehold, Hackensack, Hawthorne, Hoboken, Jersey City, Lakewood, Lodi, Lyndhurst, Millville, Montvale, Morristown, Mount Laurel, Neptune, Newark, Paramus, Parsippany, Passaic, Paterson, Pleasantville, Princeton, Ramsey, Red Bank, Ridgewood, Saddle Brook, Seaside Heights, Secaucus, Short Hills, Teaneck, Toms River, Trenton, Vineland, Wallington, Wayne, West Orange, Whippany, Wyckoff
DELAWARE: New Castle, Newark, Wilmington
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here