Are You Opening A New Restaurant In 2021?
If you’re planning to open a restaurant in 2021 ― either because you purchased one that went out of business in 2020 or because you’re building a new one ― you’ll need to make sure you’ve added fire protection equipment to your plans. These safety measures are critical to keeping your employees, customers, and property fire-safe once you open to the community.
Planning ahead is key to opening your business on time and avoiding any delays due to National Fire Protection Association requirement codes.
What Fire Protection Equipment Do You Need for Your Restaurant?
Kitchen Fire Suppression System
Restaurant fires are unique because of the hot cooking oil that often serves as an ignition source. Your restaurant will need Class K fire extinguishers on hand so kitchen staff can quickly take action against a small fire, limiting property damage and potentially saving lives in the process. Include ABC extinguishers throughout the rest of the restaurant.
NFPA 10 Standard
Fire Alarm System
Fire Sprinkler System
If your restaurant hosts more than 300 guests, you are required to have fire sprinklers installed. Fire safety and protection regulations vary based on the state your restaurant is located in.
NFPA 13 Standard
What Preventive Measures Should You Take?
- Incorporate fire safety guidelines into your daily routine
- Have a kitchen fire suppression system installed
- Schedule semi-annual kitchen fire suppression inspections
- Provide kitchen employees training on the proper use of equipment, including identification of different fire types and how to safely and effectively use a fire extinguisher
- Perform annual fire extinguisher inspections
- Inspect and maintain fire sprinkler systems
- Perform annual fire alarm system inspections and monthly monitoring
Do You Want to Learn More About Fire Protection Equipment?
We want you to have the best information possible about fire protection systems. That’s why we put together this list of the most common questions we get!
We can assist you further with a free estimate. Contact us at (888) 228-0917 or fill out our online form to have a representative reach you within 24 hours. We are your single source for all your fire protection needs, from engineering and design to installation and ongoing maintenance. Take a look at all the services we offer restaurants throughout New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here