Fire Protection for New Jersey Buildings
If you own a business or other commercial property in New Jersey, you have several concerns to think about. This includes making sure your venture is a financially feasible one. Fire protection might not be the first thing on your list, but when it comes to preserving your building and the customers and merchandise inside, there’s nothing more important than making fire prevention and suppression a priority.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, about 100,500 non-residential structure fires ignited across the country in 2013. That year, 70 civilians were killed and 1,500 were injured in these fires, and $2 billion in property damage occurred. Clearly, it’s not wise to keep your New Jersey building unprotected from fire!
Fire Risks Found in New Jersey Buildings
Buildings face many similar hazards that increase fire risk. You’d be surprised at the sheer number of risks that lie dormant in your New Jersey building. Some of the most prominent of these include:
- Appliances and equipment, especially cooking equipment, furnaces and dryers
- Wiring and electrical equipment
- Candles and other open flames
- Holiday decorations, including Christmas trees and lights
- Combustible chemicals and gases
- Tobacco products and other smoking materials
- Lightning strikes
Protect Your New Jersey Building with Fire Protection Equipment
New Jersey fire codes require commercial buildings to be outfitted with certain fire protection equipment. At Confires, we specialize in every aspect of fire protection for commercial buildings. We install all the necessary equipment you need, including:
- Fire sprinkler systems: Buildings and offices around New Jersey benefit from sprinkler systems as their first line of defense against a fire. Many times, a properly designed and installed system can suppress a growing blaze before the fire department arrives.
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression systems: If your building features a kitchen, plan to install a fire suppression system. This is vital for code compliance and safety.
- Portable fire extinguishers: Putting the fire fighting power in your employees’ hands can save lives and drastically reduce property damage. We can help you choose the right fire extinguishers for your needs and install them in the proper locations throughout your New Jersey building.
- Fire alarms: While they don’t actively put out fires, alarm systems are an integral part of ensuring all building occupants evacuate safely. Plus, with system monitoring, the fire department automatically dispatches when the alarm sounds.
- Emergency exit lighting: Exit lights help to maintain order and contribute to a timely evacuation in a fire. If the blaze causes the power to go out, backup batteries ensure exit signs remain illuminated.
In addition to installing fire protection equipment, we also inspect, test, maintain, repair and replace system components as needed. This makes Confires your go-to specialist for all your fire protection needs.
Contact Confires for Fire Protection Systems in New Jersey
To schedule fire protection equipment services for your New Jersey building, please contact Confires today. We have over 30 years of experience offering fire protection for buildings and offices in New Jersey, Delaware, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here